Juiz Internacional de Tiro Esportivo, completando agora em janeiro, 40 anos de atividade.

terça-feira, 17 de julho de 2018

Prosperi postpones honeymoon to win Trap final. “My wife’s an athlete, she understands”


Final Trap Men

ISSF World Cup Shotgun · Tucson, USA

The Italian first-time finalist postponed his honeymoon to be here and to compete in the ISSF World Cup in Tucson. A choice that paid off, as he walks out of the competition with the gold medal around his neck. He plaid it safe, though: “My wife is a professional athlete too, so she understands this.”
Simone Lorenzo Prosperi of Italy won today’s Trap Men Final at the last ISSF World Cup stage of the season, held at the Tucson Trap and Skeet Club, in Arizona, USA. 

The 33-year old athlete claimed his first world cup medal in career with a score of 43 hits, beating his teammate Erminio Frasca, who closed the match in second with a tally of 41 targets.

The two athletes shot shoulder and shoulder throughout the whole match, and it was only in the second half of the final round that Prosperi gained two targets of advantage over Frasca. 

Great Britain’s first-time finalist Nathan Hales, 22, followed the two Italians in third place, gaining his first ISSF World Cup medal with 30 hits. 

Prosperi said: 

“This is a great wedding present. I got married two weeks ago. I postponed my honeymoon for this!”

“My wife Elsa is also a professional athlete (Elsa Caputo, an Italian rifle shooter, ed.). She understands.”

“Today’s was my first final in a world cup, and it couldn’t have finished in a better way,” he added. 

Back in 2014, Prosperi had already participated in a world cup event here in Arizona, placing in 23rd. “I had competed here in Tucson also four years ago - he continued - Many things have changed since then, and I should thank all the people who have helped me to improve and become more consistent.”

“I was a bit nervous at the beginning of today’s match. It was especially difficult when a clay machine broke down for a few minutes and we had to wait for it to be fixed. Pressure was mounting. But then I got into the flow, found my rhythm, and I managed to keep my emotions under control.”

Prosperi, who recorded his fourth world cup appearance today, prevailed over his experienced teammate Erminio Frasca, 35, a twenty-time world cup participant, as well a Beijing 2008 Olympic finalist. 

“Competing neck and neck with my teammate Frasca is something special. He has a lot of experience. We know each other since years, we shared so many competitions back in Italy… I am happy he climbed onto the podium with me, Italy’s a strong team.” 

Three first-time finalists followed today’s medalists. France’s Sebastien Guerrero and Antonin Desert closed the final in 4th and 6th place, with 26 and 16 hits, respectively. Between them, Zhou Feixiang scored 21 targets to finish in 5th. 

Thanks to Prosperi’s and Frasca’s gold and silver, Italy propelled atop fo the intermediate medals standing of the competition, with a total tally of 1 gold and 2 silver medals, when only one medal event (the Mixed Team) is left to go. 

Twenty-4 teams will line up tomorrow, for the Trap Mixed Team event. The final will take place at 3.00 PM (GMT-7), and it will be broadcasted live on the ISSF websiteFacebook page and LiveStream channel. 

1. PROSPERI Simone Lorenzo
2. FRASCA Erminio
3. HALES Nathan
17.07.2018

Posted by Thom Erik Syrdahl
Source ISSF Website

Nenhum comentário: