Juiz Internacional de Tiro Esportivo, completando agora em janeiro, 40 anos de atividade.

quinta-feira, 11 de fevereiro de 2016

Wanted to compete in SAG as part of Rio Olympics preparation: Apurvi Chandela

Posted on: 06:26 PM IST Feb 10, 2016
Guwahati: The absence of top-notch competition in the South Asian Games does not affect Olympics -bound Indian shooter Apurvi Chandela, who says the strength of the field is none of her concern as long as she is winning gold medals.
The 23-year-old clinched a 10m air rifle gold with a total score of 209.00 ahead of Indian team-mates Elizabeth Susan Koshy and Pooja Ghatkar at the Kahilipara Shooting Range on Wednesday.
"A gold is a gold and I won the gold for my country. That is the satisfaction and the motivation. I wanted to be in as many events as possible ahead of the Rio Olympics," she said.
Chandela was one of the first Indian shooters to qualify for Rio Games, grabbing her berth last year. Chandela says she has started her training in right earnest for the Games in August.
"I want to do well in the Olympics and I want to maintain my confidence. So, I took part here and I am happy that I did well and won a gold," she said.
Asked about the tournaments she is competing in the run- up to the Olympics, she said, "I am going to take part in all the four World Cup legs to be held before the Olympics. That will give me enough of top level competitions before the Olympics."
She said she especially looking forward to the second ISSF World Cup to be held in Rio de Janiero, the venue of the Olympics, in April to acclimatise with the conditions there before the biggest event -- the Games -- in August .
"I am especially looking forward to the second World Cup leg in Rio and there I hope that I would be able to get the chance to acclimatise to the conditions as it will be the venue of the Olympic Games," said Chandela, who won a gold in the 2014 Commonwealth Games.
She also won a silver in the ISSF World Cup at Changwon and a silver in the ISSF World Cup Finals in Munich last year also.
Asked how her financial aspect for training has been looked into, she said, "My family is looking after it. Also, the Olympic Gold Quest is there which is helping me out financially in my training and preparation for the Rio Games. I am happy so far."
Source - http://www.ibnlive.com/news/sports/

Nenhum comentário: