Juiz Internacional de Tiro Esportivo, completando agora em janeiro, 40 anos de atividade.

sábado, 26 de maio de 2018

Day 2 - Xiong claims China’s second gold in Munich


Final 25m Pistol Women


ISSF World Cup Rifle / Pistol · Munich, GER

The first-time finalist beat her teammate Yao to win the 25m Pistol Women final at the ISSF World Cup in Munich.
People’s Republic of China’s Xiong Yaxuan won the 25m Pistol Women final that closed day-2 of the 2018 ISSF World Cup in rifle and pistol events held in Munich, Germany. 

The 21-year old shooter scored 31 hits to finish atop of the podium, while competing in her first final.

“I am very excited about this medal, my first medal. I do not have that much experience in international competitions, but it doesn’t really matter: I am competing against myself. I concentrated on my shots and on my competition.” 

Xiong debuted in the ISSF World Cup Series this year, in Changwon, where she placed in 17th. 

“I tried to do my best today, but I believe I could have done even better. I will keep on working to improve.”

Today she climbed up the podium along with her teammate Yao Yushi, who scored 29 hits to collect her second world cup medal of the season, following the bronze she won in Changwon in April. 

Following the two Chinese teammates, the Bronze medal went to Athens 2004 Olympic champion Olena Kostevych of Ukraine, coming back to an ISSF World Cup podium after missing since 2016. The 33-year old sharpshooter collected 24 hits to beat Vitalina Batsarashkina of the Russian Federation (4th with 21 hits).  

By winning gold and silver, Xiong and Yao rocketed the People’s Republic of China atop of the intermediate medal standings, with 2 gold, 2 silver and 1 bronze medals. 

1. XIONG Yaxuan
2. YAO Yushi
3. KOSTEVYCH Olena
25.05.2018
VIDEO - Final 25m Pistol Women
25.05.2018



Posted by Thom Erik Syrdahl
Source - ISSF Website



Nenhum comentário: