Juiz Internacional de Tiro Esportivo, completando agora em janeiro, 40 anos de atividade.

sexta-feira, 19 de junho de 2015

Italian eases to gold in the women's 50m rifle 3 positions

Zublasing
Gold medallist and world record holder Petra Zublasing. Getty Images

World no.2 Petra Zublasing went one better than her partner Niccolo Campriani to win Italy's first Shooting gold at the Baku 2015 European Games on Friday morning.
A beaming Campriani, who won silver in Tuesday's 10m air rifle, was in the crowd to watch Zublasing blow away her rivals and set the points world record for a women's 50m rifle 3 positions final, finishing a remarkable 10.1 points ahead of silver medallist Laurence Brize of France (see video below).  
Olivia Hofmann of Austria collected bronze. 
The Italians have been a couple for six years and will team up in the 10m mixed team air rifle event on Monday.
"In last year's mixed event competition, when we weren't together in the same team, he won and I lost,"  Zublasing said.
"But I slept well at night, while he couldn't fall asleep.
"Me and Niccolo have very different characters. I'm more aggressive, he's more defensive. That's why we're good together as a couple, because we complement each other.
"This gold medal just gives me a lot of confidence because lately I've changed and tried a lot of different materials: the rifle itself, the shoes, small details – everything with the Olympics in my mind.
"Now I know that these changes work for me. That's the difference between the good shooters and the intermediate ones. The good ones manage to find their set-up and they stick to it. I'm going to stick to these new changes from now on."
Brize's efforts meant she also secured a Rio 2016 quota berth for France.
"I stopped competition to have a baby two months ago and I stopped training after the world championships in September, and I had just one month to train before Baku," Brize said.
"When I shoot I don't think about my baby, but he's in my heart. I just keep it simple, shot after shot, and then after I think about my baby, and say 'it's for you'."
Posted by Thom Erik Syrdahl
Source = http://www.baku2015.com/news




Nenhum comentário: