Juiz Internacional de Tiro Esportivo, completando agora em janeiro, 40 anos de atividade.

quinta-feira, 17 de setembro de 2015

United States’ Vincent Hancock claims his 3rd Skeet Men World Champion




Finals Skeet Men

ISSF World Championship Shotgun · Lonato, ITA

The United States’ 26-year old claimed the ISSF World Championship title in Lonato (ITA) for the second time in his career, after the one he collected in 2005. France’s Anthony Terras and Italy’s Gabriele Rossetti completed the podium in 2nd and 3rd place, respectively.
There couldn’t have been a better ending for the 2015 ISSF Shotgun World Championship in Lonato.

The Skeet Men Gold medal match turned into a top-level battle between France’s Anthony Terras and USA’s Vincent Hancock, with the latter prevailing over Terras after a breathtaking shoot-off. Both athletes, in fact, shuttered 16-out-of-16 final targets, and it took 8 more to witness the first mistake and award the World Championship title to Hancock.

“I have missed a couple of easy targets this morning, which shouldn't have happened.” Hancock said right after the match.

“I feel sorry for Terras. I feel he deserved to win. Of course I would not let anybody else win if I get the chance, but he shot so good.” He then admitted. “He shot a perfect match. That's something I have already done before, and trust me it's not easy.”

“Getting into the final is hard by itself, and once I am in the final and in the medal match it's a little bit easier for me, as it takes a bit of pressure off. It's still pretty exciting to shoot for the Gold tough.” Continued the American shooter. “This medal gets me closer to my aim: winning another Olympic title. This medal makes me realize that I shot really well this year. I have to make some adjustments, my peak was at the ISSF World Cups in Acapulco and Gabala, I have to work to peak right in time for Rio.”

“Comparing my first World Championship victory in 2005 and today's final, I feel like I am a completely different person. If you watch my shooting style, I don't think I shoot very much the same at all. I made a lot of changes since then, and I have found my way.” Hancock concluded.

Terras, who previously concluded the qualification round with the equalled-World Record score of 125 hits, continued his perfect streak during the semifinal, where he marked 16 points. His score was the best one among the six finalists, tied with Hancock and ahead of Italy’s Gabriel Rossetti and Denmark’s Jesper Hansen, who both qualified for the Bronze medal match.

In the 3rd place final, Rossetti, 20 years old and current holder of the European and World Junior Championship titles, bested Hansen, Silver medallist in Al Ain (UAE) during the 2015 ISSF World Cup, with a final score of 15 targets against 14.
Previously, at the end of the semifinal, Argentinian shooter Federico Gil, 6th in this event at the Toronto 2015 Pan-Am Games, concluded with 12 hits, placing 5th, while Azmy Mehelba of Egypt placed 6th with a final semifinal score of 11.
At the end of the qualification round, France pocketed the Team Gold medal thanks to Terras, Eric Delaunay and Emmanuel Petit, who concluded with 364 total points; Italy's Rossetti, Luigi Lodde and Valerio Luchini followed in 2nd place with 362, while USA's Hancock, Dustin David Perry and Thomas Bayer finished in 3rd place with 360.

A six-way shoot-off was required to determine the remaining finalists, and despite finishing 7th and 8th, both Mairaj Ahmad Khan of India and Ralf Buchheim of Germany ended up winning an Olympic quota place for their country.

The final competition of the season will occur in Nicosia (CYP), where from October 15th to October 21st the best shooters of the 2015 ISSF season will battle for the five Shotgun World Cup Final titles.
 
1. HANCOCK Vincent
2. TERRAS Anthony
3. ROSSETTI Gabriele
17.09.2015

Posted by Thom Erik Syrdahl
Source ISSF Website

Nenhum comentário: