Juiz Internacional de Tiro Esportivo, completando agora em janeiro, 40 anos de atividade.

quarta-feira, 27 de janeiro de 2016

Asia Olympic Qualifying Competition for Shooting · New Delhi, IND - Finals 10m Air Pistol Women




India’s Heena Sidhu shines on her home turf, collects the Gold medal and the Olymic quota

Asia Olympic Qualifying Competition for Shooting · New Delhi, IND
The 26-year-old shooter stood in front of her rivals for almost the whole final, pocketing both the brightest medal and the Olympic quota place for India.
India’s number one Pistol shooter Heena Sidhu respected the odds, winning the 10m Air Pistol Women Gold medal and finally collecting the Olympic quota place she chased for a long time. Moreover, she did it on her home turf in New Delhi (IND), with a lot of pressure on her shoulders.

“It was difficult, I had another match in New Delhi a few months back and the pressure is always there. Everybody’s watching you, the media, the people, and the federation is waiting for you to get the medal.” She said right after the final.“Especially because my medal came after a long time. I’ve had so many near misses, so it was very important to shoot on my level here.”

Sidhu absolutely controlled the 10m Air Pistol Women final, losing the top of the standings only for the first series of shots, claiming it back once and for all at the 6th shot mark and concluding with a final score of 199.4 points.

“I’m happy about the Gold medal and I’m happy about my score. That’s what I’m more happy about. I think I’ve done my job, and I deserved the quota because I did my job.” She added. “I’m going to Rio, it feels great!”

2nd, with the final score of 198.1 points, placed Chinese Taipei’s Tien Chia Chen, while the Bronze medal went to Republic of Korea’s Gim Yun Mi with 177.9 points.

Down from the podium, in 4th place, Iran’s Golnoush Sebghatollahi consoled herself with the second Olympic quota place up for grabs. Behind her, Teh Xiu Hong of Singapore concluded in 5th place, followed by Yu Ai Wen and Wu Chia Ying, both of Chinese Taipei, who respectively placed 6th and 7th.

Iran’s Elham Harijani closed the final in 8th place.

The competition will continue tomorrow with the 25m Rapid Fire Pistol Men final scheduled at 1:30 PM (UTC+5:30), followed by the Trap Men final at 3:15 PM.

Live updates will be available online on the ISSF website and on the ISSF social media platforms: FacebookTwitter,Instagram and Sina Weibo.
1. SIDHU Heena
2. TIEN Chia Chen
3. GIM Yun Mi
27.01.2016

Posted by Thom Erik Syrdahl
Source ISSF Website

Nenhum comentário: